Crews began work on Racquet Club Road on Monday, Sept. 10. Construction on nearby streets will follow. These projects to replace old pipelines will improve water reliability and reduce water loss.
Work in the Racquet Club Road area will last through November with the contractor working on one street at a time. During the day as crews work, lanes will be restricted in both directions but the streets will remain open. In the evening and on weekends, the road will be fully open. We recommend residents take other routes and/or allow additional time for traffic.
What to expect during this installation:
- Slowed traffic (lanes reduced) and limited access starting along Racquet Club Road
- ‘No parking signs’ posted along the street as necessary
- Access to property to remain intact (if we are blocking, we’ll happily move upon request)
- Noise from construction 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays
- Equipment and vehicles from Desert Water Agency and its contractors
- Water service is planned to remain on except for a brief period (less than half a day) for some customers
- DWA or its contractors will notify customers when they can expect the water outage
For questions or concerns, contact Ashley Metzger at (760) 323-4971, X184 or e-mail her at AMetzger@dwa.org