- Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) – Indio Subbasin, Mission Creek Subbasin, San Gorgonio Pass Subbasin
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) Study – DWA is partnering with Coachella Valley Water District on a USGS subsidence study in the Coachella Valley to help monitor groundwater levels. The study lasts through June 30, 2025 and includes the areas within the Indio and Mission Creek Subbasin
- Prop 68 – Desert Water Agency and its neighbors are getting grant funding from the State of California for sustainable groundwater management planning and implementation.
- Prop 1 R 1 – Desert Water Agency received $350,000 in Proposition 1 Round 1 Integrated Regional Water Management (IRWM) grant funding . Of that, $60,000 is to assist the City of Palm Springs with developing an Airport Demonstration Garden and $290,000 for grass removal incentives for customers.
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (USBR) – DWA received a $75,000 grant from USBR's Small-scale Water Efficiency Program (SWEP) for grass removal and $500,0000 from its Water and Energy Efficiency Grant program (WEEG) to pay for part of the agency’s Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project.
- Sentinel Energy Center – A peaking plant that fulfills the need for efficient, fast-response, peaking electricity in Southern California, provides Desert Water Agency with funding to offset its environmental impact. Sentinel funded significant DWA system upgrades during project development and continues to support DWA conservation efforts through annual contributions