Our team has identified the areas in most critical need of replacement and developed a schedule to start replacements. Most of the work will be done in summer months to avoid traffic. We are coordinating with the City of Palm Springs to help reduce project cost and inconvenience for our community.
The 2020 Pipeline Replacement Project will target Avenida Caballeros between Tachevah Drive and Vista Chino. This project is expected to start in July and last through mid-November.
What to expect in that area during construction:
- Slowed traffic (lanes reduced) and limited access
- Some streets will not accessible from Avenida Caballeros for a limited time (1-2 days)
- ‘No parking signs’ posted along the street as necessary
- Access to property to remain intact (if we are blocking, we’ll happily move upon request)
- Noise from construction 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays
- Equipment and vehicles from Desert Water Agency and its contractors
- Temporary paving will be put in place before final paving is done in the fall (likely October)
- Water service should remain on except for a few hours for some customers
- DWA or its contractors will notify customers if they will experience a water outage
they can expect the water outage
Check back for updates.