Rebates & Incentives
Get rid of water waste due to old sprinkler spray heads with free efficient sprinkler nozzles. Efficient sprinkler nozzles can save customers up to 1,400 gallons per head per year and can reduce the amount of water that runs onto the sidewalk. Precision nozzles distribute water more evenly, apply water more efficiently so less is needed and disburse water more slowly and in larger droplets to help reduce runoff.
Smart controllers customize watering times for irrigation systems based on the climate, temperature and evapotranspiration rate.
The smart controller replaces your existing sprinkler timer. Like your existing timer, it tells you sprinklers when to come on and for how long, but this device uses its attached weather station to adjust the watering times based on the weather that day.
Thanks to an agreement between Desert Water Agency and Sentinel Energy Center, DWA can provide smart irrigation controllers to customers at no cost to them (depending on the device).
- $1 per square foot rebate (single-family residents can also choose to apply to SaveOurWaterRebates.com for funding - this will be available starting in late August)
- Artificial turf can be counted as "plant cover" (you may use the rebate toward a 1:1 replacement of artificial turf for grass)
- Single-family homes - if there is a fence, hedge or wall of any type/height between the street and your project, it is ineligible. Back yards are not eligible (check with SaveOurWaterRebates.com for funding)
- Large-scale projects will be scored based on pdf scoring criteria (371 KB)
- Turf still must be in place at nab time of application - this means no retroactive turf removal projects will be approved
- Applicants must provide a before and after photo for conversions
- Rebates are considered taxable income by the IRS
Please note: Single-family homes will be approved on a first-come, first-served basis. Large-scale projects will NOT be evaluated in this way, here, but with the previously mentioned scoring criteria.
Terms and Application
Replace old inefficient toilets with high-efficiency models to save water! Residential customers can get up to $100 per toilet, for up to two toilets per household. Businesses can get up to $100 per toilet, and can apply for up to thirty toilets. The program has limited funding, and completed applications don’t guarantee a rebate.