(Para leer esta noticia en español, haga clic aquí)
Thanks to grant funding and the City of Palm Springs, some DWA low-income customers qualify for up to $8 per square foot to replace grass with drought friendly landscaping. Customers who meet the other criteria but do not live in City of Palm Springs can get up to $6 per square foot. Either amount could cover the entire cost to upgrade, which can save water & money on monthly water bills.
DWA encourages customers to apply as soon as possible to get access to this limited funding.
- Desert Water Agency must be water service provider
- Applicant must have grass at the property when they apply
- The customer must have a Help2Others water bill assistance credit within the last 12 months (qualified customers get a $200 water bill credit). Go to www.dwa.org/H2O to apply. Customers can apply for the grass removal program even if you haven't gotten the credit yet. Income requirements are listed online
- The property must be in a qualified low-income area. Check out this map to see if you are eligible: www.dwa.org/QualifiedMap
- DWA will commit funding on a first qualified, first served basis
- City of Palm Springs contribution is capped at $5,000 per property
For more information or questions about eligibility, call 760-323-4971 ext. 279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.