The United States Supreme Court announced today it will not review a court decision in a lawsuit that the Agua Caliente Tribe filed against Coachella Valley Water District (CVWD) and Desert Water Agency (DWA) in 2013 seeking unprecedented rights to groundwater, superseding all other water users . The decision from the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, granting superior rights to groundwater to the Tribe will remain in effect.
Starting on June 19, Desert Water Agency began installing new pipelines in select areas across the city. Many of the pipelines being replaced date back to the mid-1900s and have had a significant leak problem.
1. Turn sprinklers off if kids are playing in the yard
2. Defrost in the refrigerator - not with running water
3. For fluffy potatoes use a little water, not a full pot
4. Use charms or labels to cut down on extra glasses
5. Water plants if guests leave water or ice behind
6. Wash full loads in the dishwasher
7. For Black Friday, apply for a water-saving rebate online!