Rebates & Incentives
Get rid of water waste due to old sprinkler spray heads with free efficient sprinkler nozzles. Efficient sprinkler nozzles can save customers up to 1,400 gallons per head per year and can reduce the amount of water that runs onto the sidewalk. Precision nozzles distribute water more evenly, apply water more efficiently so less is needed and disburse water more slowly and in larger droplets to help reduce runoff.
Smart controllers customize watering times for irrigation systems based on the climate, temperature and evapotranspiration rate.
The smart controller replaces your existing sprinkler timer. Like your existing timer, it tells you sprinklers when to come on and for how long, but this device uses its attached weather station to adjust the watering times based on the weather that day.
Thanks to an agreement between Desert Water Agency and Sentinel Energy Center, DWA can provide smart irrigation controllers to customers at no cost to them (depending on the device).
If you've already got a controller and need some help, visit our Smart controller tips page.
Desert Water Agency will rebate you up to $150 for eligible devices and up to $100 for professional installation of a weather-based irrigation controller. For commercial or homeowners' associations, DWA will rebate up to $2,500 for the device(s) and up to $750 toward professional installation.
To apply for a rebate:
- read the terms & conditions below
- purchase and install a weather-based irrigation controller - keep your receipt(s)
- fill out the form below within 45 days of your purchase
- wait for your check in the mail (it usually takes about 45 days)
Applications can also be filled out at 1200 Gene Autry Trail South during business hours.
- $1 per square foot rebate (single-family residents can also choose to apply to SaveOurWaterRebates.com for more funding)
- Artificial turf can be counted as "plant cover" (you may use the rebate toward a 1:1 replacement of artificial turf for grass)
- Single-family homes - if there is a fence, hedge or wall of any type/height between the street and your project, it is ineligible. Back yards are not eligible (check with SaveOurWaterRebates.com for funding)
- Large-scale projects will be scored based on pdf scoring criteria and approved as received.
- Turf still must be in place at the time of application - this means no retroactive turf removal projects will be approved
- Applicants must provide a before and after photo for conversions
- Rebates are considered taxable income by the IRS
Terms and Application
Replace old inefficient toilets with high-efficiency models to save water! Residential customers can get up to $100 per toilet, for up to two toilets per household. Businesses can get up to $100 per toilet, and can apply for up to thirty toilets. The program has limited funding, and completed applications don’t guarantee a rebate.